December 31, 2017
The New Year is always a refreshing reminder (especially for those in Christ) of new beginnings, fresh starts, and a clean slate. As you set-out to make goals and ‘resolutions’ for the new year ahead, consider making one of those goals to read through the Bible in 2018!
Perhaps you’ve made it a goal to read through the entire Bible several times, only to fall off the wagon by the time you reach Leviticus! This year, instead of trying to go it alone, join with others from across our church family as we journey from Genesis 1 to Revelation 22together.
Here’s how we’d encourage you to follow along:
- “LIKE” our Facebook page and/or “FOLLOW” us on Twitter. Each day, a verse with a link to the readings from the One Year Bible Reading Plan® will be posted on our Facebook page, and via Twitter. Simply follow along, post comments, thoughts, questions, etc.
- Start a One Year Bible Reading Plan that fits your preferences on the YouVersion Bible App. There are lots to choose from.
Here are some other helpful things to remember as you start this plan:
- It takes 6 weeks to create a habit, so try to carve out a certain time and quiet place every day to read. It will be hard at first, but after about 6 weeks, it becomes part of your life.
- When is the best time? Answer: Whenever you’re at your best. Most prefer the morning, but some night owls prefer reading before bed.
- If you miss a day, don’t try to make it up. Stay on the appropriate day for your daily reading. Those who get behind often lose heart and quit. Just keep reading. You’ll get to that missed day next year.
- Include prayer in your reading time. Pray: God, speak to me through Your Word today.
Ready to accept the challenge? Allow the living Word of God to daily transform your life and unleash your full-potential in Christ in the New Year!
[This first appeared at LifeChurchNC.com]