Freedom Carries Responsibility

The late English writer, journalist, philosopher and theologian, G.K. Chesterton once wrote, "America is the only country ever founded on a creed."  The creed he was referring to is found in the first line of the second paragraph of the Declaration of Independence, which states the following: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are …

well-rounded…

I'm currently coaching some friends through their StrengthsFinder® talent themes.  It's fun and interesting to learn about how others see themselves, watching those ah-hah moments take place as someone gains a bit more perspective toward their own self-awareness - something of which few people actually possess. Today during one of my coaching sessions, I was …

Pacifiers

Tuesday marked a first for me – the first full day I was responsible for Julia on my own. And I have to say I was pretty excited about the opportunity. Molly had jury-duty all day and had left me very clear and precise instructions on Julia’s daily routine, along with supplies for meals and …

relational motive

what’s your relational motive? Recently I was having a conversation with a friend about the importance of extending ourselves relationally into the lives of people we're trying to reach with the love of God. Our conversation has caused me to rethink and clarify why it is we stress this idea of ‘relational community' when it …